Kate offers both pre and postnatal personal training
Traditional advice given to pregnant women was to ‘put your feet up and take things easy’. Although sufficient rest and avoidance of prolonged standing activities are important during pregnancy, women are now encouraged to stay active and exercise throughout the duration of a healthy pregnancy. Research indicates an appropriate programme of exercise is not only safe during pregnancy but can also provide a considerable number of health benefits to both mother and baby.
Exercise can deliver profound benefits to pregnant women physically, mentally and emotionally.
Some of the many benefits include:
- Increased energy levels
- Reduced cardiovascular stress
- Prevention of excessive weight gain
- Promotion of good posture
- Prevention of lower back pain
- Improved circulation and blood flow
- Improved mood and mental well-being
- Improved sleep
- Facilitation of labour and faster recovery from labour
Although there are many benefits to exercise, there are a number of absolute contraindications where any form of exercise would be deemed inappropriate. For your information and to be aware of, these include:
- Haemodynamically significant heart disease
- Restrictive lung disease
- Incompetent cervix
- Multiple gestation
- Persistent bleeding
- Placenta previa (after 26 weeks)
- Premature labour
- Ruptured membranes
- Pregnancy induced hypertension
Prenatal personal training sessions are delivered at a time and place to suit you, whether that’s in the comfort of your own home, at your workplace; before, during or after office hours, or outdoors; at a local park or green space. Exercise programmes and workouts are tailored to fit in with your daily routine, lifestyle and surroundings.
Alternatively you can come to train with Kate at Riverside Health Club in Rawtenstall. Gym programmes can be devised and included as part of personal training packages, delivered during your PT session or in your own time.
Portable exercise equipment and everything that you need for your PT session will be provided. All you need to bring is a towel to mop your brow, water bottle to keep well hydrated and PMA to give each session your all!
- Free consultation – after initial phone conversations, a face-to-face consultation will be arranged at a time and place to suit you. The consultation will take around 1 hour where we’ll discuss your health and fitness goals, current exercise habits and health status and conduct agreed health and fitness assessments.
- Goal setting – during the initial consultation we’ll discuss your health, fitness and nutrition goals. Tailored exercise plans will then be devised to help you meet those goals. We’ll set short, medium and long-term goals using SMART goal setting principles, and regularly monitor and review progress.
- Health and fitness assessment – carried out during the consultation, completion of health and safety consent forms are a must prior to any exercise activity. Health and fitness assessments are optional.
- Completion of PARmed-X for pregnancy and necessary consent forms
- Blood pressure check
- Tailored, progressive exercise programming to meet your fitness goals – all PT sessions will be pre-planned and structured to focus efforts on helping you achieve your health and fitness goals. Sessions will incorporate different training techniques and use a variety of portable exercise equipment, in-line with your experience and ability. Exercises will be adapted accordingly for each trimester.
- Support and guidance with exercise programming outside of PT sessions
- Nutritional advice and guidance – we’ll discuss current eating habits and eating for optimal health during pregnancy.
- Free 6 and 12 week review – we’ll have a chat about how you’re finding training sessions, review progress, reassess health and fitness status and discuss next steps.
If you have any questions about prenatal personal training, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with Kate:
Call Kate on: 07875584383
Email Kate: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively fill out the contact form below and Kate will be in touch:
You can also follow on Facebook, check out our page and give it the thumbs up: Facebook.com/BrooksFitnessPT