Please note: due to the current Covid-19 pandemic we are not doing face-to-face sessions or community classes, in-line with government guidelines. Kate is delivering a number of online classes via Zoom and we have set-up an online Facebook group to promote sessions and host live workouts. Feel free to join the group – take care, stay safe and strong!
Stay fit, active and strong throughout your pregnancy with Kate’s Mum-to-Be Bootcamp!
Mum-to-Be Bootcamp incorporates different exercise formats, using body weight and weights to give your full body a workout. With big focus placed on maintaining and building strength in your posterior chain, core, glutes and pelvic floor as your pregnancy progresses.
Kate is a pre and post natal exercise specialist, so all exercises will be suitable for your stage of pregnancy and can be adapted for your experience level and ability.
About the Sessions
- Sessions are delivered in 4-week blocks and differ week-on-week, using a variety of training formats and equipment. So you take part in classes with the same group of women throughout the course; familiar setting, same friendly faces, sisterhood support, share your pregnancy journey!
- Course cost: £24 for 4 weeks (purchased upfront at the start of the course).
- To take part you MUST get the OK to exercise by your GP or midwife. You will be required to complete a PAR-Q for pregnancy and get this signed by your GP or midwife prior to taking part.
- Classes take place in the evening and will be 1 hour long, 45 minutes exercise and then time to talk as a group and with Kate post session.
- Kate will demonstrate every exercise, talk through technique, giving support throughout.
- All you will need to bring is a water bottle to keep well hydrated.
Group exercise is great for many reasons, some of which are listed below…
- Meet other local mums-to-be, make new friends, share your pregnancy journey and support one another.
- Retain and build strength (particularly in your posterior chain, core, glutes and pelvic floor), maintain fitness and mental well-being.
- Give yourself an energy boost – as tired as you feel, you’ll feel energised and upbeat following a good workout – great for you and baby!
- Helps with facilitation and recovery of labour.
- Focus on your health and well-being instead of always putting everyone else first… and don’t feel guilty for it!
There are many benefits to exercising through pregnancy, however, there are a number of absolute contraindications where any form of exercise would be deemed inappropriate. For your information and to be aware of, these include:
- Haemodynamically significant heart disease
- Restrictive lung disease
- Incompetent cervix
- Multiple gestation
- Persistent bleeding
- Placenta previa (after 26 weeks)
- Premature labour
- Ruptured membranes
- Pregnancy induced hypertension
Upcoming Bootcamps – locations, dates, times… new venues for the New Year!
Station 22 – Waterfoot, BB4 7JH
Time: 6.30pm – 7.30pm
Cost: £24 (4 week block)
Course start dates: 8 January 20, 5 February 20, 4 March 20, 1 April 20
If there is space on a class you can join us at anytime… don’t hesitate to get in touch!
If you’re interested in taking part in Mum-to-Be Bootcamps or would like to know more, drop Kate an email or complete the contact form below.
Call Kate on: 07875584383
Alternatively fill out the contact form below and she’ll be in touch.
Kate also delivers Mum & Baby, Mum & Toddler and Buggy Bootcamps. Follow the links below for more info:
You can also follow on Facebook, to see reviews, pics and video clips from classes check out our page and give it the thumbs up: Facebook.com/BrooksFitnessPT