Note: these classes are currently being delivered online via Zoom. From WC 12 April 2021 they will revert back to the studio at Station 22, that’s the second class in the next block of classes.
Stay fit, active and strong throughout your pregnancy with Kate’s Mum-to-Be Bootcamp!
Mum-to-Be Bootcamp incorporates different exercise formats, using body weight and weights to give your full body a workout. With big focus placed on maintaining and building strength in your posterior chain, core, glutes and pelvic floor as your pregnancy progresses.
Kate is a pre and post natal exercise specialist, so all exercises will be suitable for your stage of pregnancy and can be adapted for your experience level and ability. Rest assured you’re in safe and knowledgeable hands. In all classes you’ll experience a welcoming and relaxed vibe… with an awesome mum-to-be tribe!
About the Sessions
- Sessions are delivered in 4-week blocks and differ week-on-week, using a variety of training formats and equipment. So you take part in classes with the same group of women throughout the course; familiar setting, same friendly faces, sisterhood support, share your pregnancy journey!
- Course cost: £26 for a 4 week block (booked and paid for via the GymCatch app). You can pay per session if there is space on a course, PAYG is £8 per session. You can book PAYG the day before each class.
- There is a max of 15 women on the classes, in-line with Government guidelines.
- To take part you MUST get the OK to exercise by your GP and/or midwife. You will be required to complete an online Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PAR-Q). Here’s a link to view and complete the form: bit.ly/BrooksFitnessOnlinePARQ
- Kate will always demonstrate every exercise, talk through technique, giving support throughout. Offering lots of exercise modifications for all stages of pregnancy, your experience level and ability. There’s nothing to worry about at all, it’s a totally relaxed, fun and informal vibe.
- All you will need to bring is a water bottle to keep well hydrated.
Group exercise is great for many reasons, some of which are listed below…
- Meet other local mums-to-be, make new friends, share your pregnancy journey and support one another.
- Retain and build strength (particularly in your posterior chain, core, glutes and pelvic floor), maintain fitness and mental well-being.
- Give yourself an energy boost – as tired as you feel, you’ll feel energised and upbeat following a good workout – great for you and baby!
- Helps with facilitation and recovery of labour.
- Focus on your health and well-being instead of always putting everyone else first… and don’t feel guilty for it!
There are many benefits to exercising through pregnancy, however, there are a number of absolute contraindications where any form of exercise would be deemed inappropriate. For your information and to be aware of, these include: haemodynamically significant heart disease, restrictive lung disease, incompetent cervix, multiple gestation (triplets), persistent bleeding, placenta previa (after 28 weeks), premature labour, ruptured membranes, pregnancy induced hypertension, pre-eclampsia.
Upcoming Bootcamps – course start dates…
Station 22 – Waterfoot, BB4 7JH
Time: 9am-9.45am (before the gym is open to the public, we will have the building/studio to ourselves)
Cost: £26 (4 week block), £8 PAYG (bookable the day before each class, if there is space on a course)
Course start dates: 14 March, 11 April, 9 May, 6 June
Note: These classes are back in the studio, face-to-face, from WC 12 April 2021.
Details, booking and payment for all classes is now online. You will need to download the GymCatch app to view class info and make a booking. Find all the links and info, including a ‘how to’ booking tutorial below…
- Click this link to view and download the GymCatch app
- Click this link to view my ‘Brooks Fitness’ page on the GymCatch app
- Click this link to watch the ‘how to’ book and pay online via the GymCatch app customer tutorial
All classes are being delivered in-line with Covid-19 Guidelines. See separate class protocols document for procedures in place. Click this link to view Station 22 Class Protocols
If there is space on a class you can join us at anytime… don’t hesitate to get in touch!
If you’re interested in taking part in Mum-to-Be Bootcamps or would like to know more, drop Kate an email or complete the contact form below.
Call Kate on: 07875584383
Alternatively fill out the contact form below and she’ll be in touch.
Kate also delivers Mum & Baby and Buggy Bootcamps. Follow the links below for more info:
You can also follow on Facebook, to see reviews, pics and video clips from classes check out our page and give it the thumbs up: Facebook.com/BrooksFitnessPT
We’re also on Insta too, check out @brooks_fitness_pt for pics, clips and stories/highlights from PT and classes.