Please note: due to the current Covid-19 pandemic we are not doing face-to-face sessions or community classes, in-line with government guidelines. Kate is delivering a number of online classes via Zoom and we have set-up an online Facebook group to promote sessions and host live workouts. Feel free to join the group – take care, stay safe and strong!
A class for mums with babies from 6 weeks old to crawlers.
Mum & Baby Bootcamp incorporates different exercise formats, using body weight and weights to give your full body a workout. With big focus on retraining and building strength in your core and pelvic floor.
You take your little ones to story and rhyme time, messy play and baby massage… well now it’s time to turn your attention on YOU… give yourself an hour out of your day! 😊
Kate is a pre and post natal exercise specialist, so all exercises are suitable and can be adapted for your experience level and ability. Childcare isn’t an issue either, as your little ones are more than welcome to join the fitness fun. Just bring something to keep them entertained, and if you need to take 5 for a bottle/breastfeed/snack break or nappy change don’t worry, it’ll be a relaxed, informal and easy-going atmosphere. Also, during the school holidays you are more than welcome to bring your tribe, if childcare is an issue – the more the merrier!
About the Sessions
- This session is for new mums with babies from 6 weeks (once you have been signed off and given the OK to exercise) to crawlers. You’ll meet mums with similar age babies and be at similar post natal stages – all exercises will be suitable for your stage.
- Sessions are delivered in 4-week blocks and differ week-on-week, increasing in intensity (in moderation), using a variety of training formats and equipment. So you take part with the same group of women throughout the course; familiar setting, same friendly faces, sisterhood support!
- Course cost: £24 for 4-week block (paid upfront at the start).
- To take part you MUST have been signed off and OK’d to exercise by your GP or midwife, this is usually 6-12 weeks after having your baby. You will be required to complete a PAR-Q and health questionnaire prior to taking part.
- Classes take place during the day and will be 1 hour long, 40/45 minutes exercise and then time to talk as a group and with Kate post session. A post workout coffee catch-up is encouraged too, as sessions are as much about socialising and forming new friendships, as they are improving strength and fitness.
- Kate will demonstrate every exercise, talk through technique, giving support throughout. She is good at multitasking too, cuddling and entertaining crying babies whilst you workout – she will always make sessions work!
- All you will need to bring is a water bottle to keep well hydrated.
Group exercise is great for many reasons, some of which are listed below…
- Meet other local mums, make new friends, share experiences and support one another.
- Regain strength particularly in your core and pelvic floor, improve fitness and mental well-being. If you have abdominal separation (diastasis recti), Kate will discuss/show you how to check this, and show you suitable exercises to restore your core.
- Give yourself an energy and confidence boost.
- Focus on your health and well-being instead of always putting everyone else first… and don’t feel guilty for it!
Upcoming Bootcamps – locations, dates, times… new venue for the New Year!
Station 22 – Waterfoot, BB4 7JH
Days: Tuesday’s and Thursday’s
Time: 10am – 11am
Cost: £24 (4 week block)
Course start dates for Tuesday classes: 7 January 20, 4 February 20, 3 March 20, 31 March 20
Course start dates for Thursday classes: 9 January 20, 6 February 20, 5 March, 2 April 20
If there is space on a class you can join us at anytime… don’t hesitate to get in touch!
If you’re interested in taking part in Mum & Baby Bootcamp or would like to know more, drop Kate an email or complete the contact form below.
Call Kate on: 07875584383
Alternatively fill out the contact form below and she’ll be in touch.
Kate also delivers Mum-to-Be, Mum & Toddler and Buggy Bootcamps. Follow the links below for more info:
You can also follow on Facebook, to see reviews, pics and video clips from classes check out our page and give it the thumbs up: Facebook.com/BrooksFitnessPT