Calling new mums… get back into fitness following the birth of your baby at Kate’s Mum & Baby Bootcamp!
Mum & Baby Bootcamp incorporates different exercise formats, using body weight and weights to give your full body a workout! With big focus on retraining and building strength in your core and pelvic floor.
You take your little ones to story and rhyme time, messy play and baby massage… well now it’s time to turn your attention on YOU and give yourself an hour out of your day! 😊
Kate is a pre and postnatal exercise specialist, so all exercises are suitable and can be adapted for your experience level and ability. Childcare isn’t an issue either, as your little ones are more than welcome to join the fitness fun. Just bring something to keep them entertained, and if you need to take 5 for a bottle/breastfeed break or nappy change don’t worry, it’ll be a relaxed atmosphere.
About the Sessions
- Sessions are delivered in 4-week blocks and differ week-on-week, increasing in intensity (in moderation), using a variety of training formats and equipment. So you take part with the same group of women throughout the course; familiar setting, same friendly faces, sisterhood support!
- Course cost: £30 for 4-week block (paid upfront at the start).
- To take part you MUST have been signed off and OK’d to exercise by your GP or midwife, this is usually 6-12 weeks after having your baby. You will be required to complete a PAR-Q and health questionnaire prior to taking part.
- Classes take place during the day and will be 1 hour long, 40/45 minutes exercise and then time to talk as a group and with Kate post session. A post workout coffee catch-up is encouraged too, this is as much about encouraging socialising and new friendships as it is improving strength and fitness.
- Kate will demonstrate every exercise, talk through technique, giving support throughout. She is good at multitasking too, cuddling crying babies whilst you workout – she will always make sessions work!
- All you will need to bring is a water bottle to keep well hydrated, you will hear Kate talk about drinking plenty of water, a lot, and a towel to mop your brow, we will work up a sweat!
Group exercise is great for many reasons, some of which are listed below…
- Meet other local mums, make new friends, share experiences and support one another.
- Regain strength particularly in your core and pelvic floor, improve fitness and mental well-being. If you have abdominal separation (diastasis recti) Kate will discuss/show you how to check this, and show you suitable exercises to restore your core.
- Give yourself an energy and confidence boost.
- Focus on your health and well-being instead of always putting everyone else first… and don’t feel guilty for it!
Upcoming Bootcamps – locations, dates, times…
Riverside Health Club in Rawtenstall
Start dates: 10 June, 8 July, 5 August, 2 September
Time: 11am – 12pm
Cost: £30 for 4 week block
If you’re interested in taking part in Mum & Baby Bootcamp or would like to know more, drop Kate an email or complete the contact form below.
Call Kate on: 07875584383
Alternatively fill out the contact form below and she’ll be in touch.
You can also follow on Facebook, check out our page and give it the thumbs up: Facebook.com/BrooksFitnessPT