Kate is starting a Buggy Bootcamp at Whitaker Park in Rawtenstall in May (from 2 May over the summer months).
Hands up who’s up for a big hit of feel-good endorphins and vitamin D, getting that all-important exercise in the great outdoors?
You take your little ones to story and rhyme time, messy play and baby massage… well now it’s time to turn your attention on YOU and give yourself an hour out of your day! 😊
Buggy Bootcamp will incorporate different exercise formats, using bodyweight and portable exercise equipment to give your full body a workout! We’ll make the most of the fantastic open space at Whitaker park, keeping it fun and varied each week.
This is a session that is open to mums, stay at home dads or dads on paternity leave, grandparents, carers or anyone looking after young children… all welcome and all will most definitely benefit.
For the mums… Kate is a pre and postnatal exercise specialist, so all exercises will be suitable and can be adapted for your experience level, ability and postnatal stage. There will be a big focus on retraining core and pelvic floor, exercises to build strength and stamina in the safest way. For all others the same applies in terms of adapting exercise for all abilities and Kate will tell you all about the importance of doing pelvic floor exercises… there’s no getting out of that one, as it is applicable and important to all! 🙂
Childcare isn’t an issue as your little ones are more than welcome to join the fitness fun, pop them in their buggy and you’re good to go! Just be sure you prepare for changing weather conditions and bring something to keep them entertained… and if you need to take 5 for a bottle/breastfeed or nappy change don’t worry, it’ll be a relaxed and easy-going atmosphere.
About the Sessions
- Sessions will be delivered in 4-week blocks and will differ week on week, using a variety of training formats and equipment. Making the most of the fantastic open space at Whitaker park. You’ll be taking part with the same group throughout the course; familiar setting, same friendly faces, total support!
- Cost: £20 for 4-week block
- Sessions will be 1 hour, 40/45 minutes exercise and then time to cool-down, stretch and talk as a group and with Kate post session (we’ll have a good old natter throughout!). A post workout coffee and/or lunch is encouraged too, and the facilities and food at The Whitaker are spot on! These sessions are as much about socialising and forming new friendships as they are exercising. If you’re like Kate, you’ll want to check out the café / menu in advance… so here’s a link to have a gander brunch is served all day… YAY!
- Kate will demonstrate every exercise, talk through technique, giving support throughout. She is good at multitasking too, cuddling crying babies whilst you workout – she will always make sessions work!
- All you need to bring is an exercise mat (or travel picnic blanket they double up as a great exercise mat and you can pop your little ones on them too!), it is advised to have your own, so you can keep / clean it and can use it for home workouts/picnics too! A water bottle to keep well hydrated, you will hear Kate talk about drinking plenty of water, a lot! And a towel to mop your brow, we will work up a sweat.
Group exercise (and exercise outdoors) is great for many reasons, some of which are listed below…
- Meet other local mums and dads, make new friends, share experiences and support one another – all about support!
- Regain strength (particularly in your core and pelvic floor), improve health, fitness, mental health and well-being.
- Give yourself an energy and confidence boost – endorphins and vitamin D does you WONDERS!
- Exercise in the great outdoors; fresh air, greenery, daylight and hopefully lots of sunshine!
- Focus on your health and well-being instead of always putting everyone else first… and don’t feel guilty for it!
If you’re interested in taking part in Buggy Bootcamp or would like to know more, drop Kate an email or complete the contact form below. Note: numbers will be limited to a max of 14 for this session (and there has already been a lot of interest!), so don’t delay bag your spot today…
Call Kate on: 07875584383
Alternatively fill out the contact form below and she’ll be in touch.
You can also follow on Facebook, check out our page and give it the thumbs up: Facebook.com/BrooksFitnessPT
Kate also delivers Mum-to-Be and Mum & Baby Bootcamps at Riverside Health Club in Rawtenstall. Follow the links below for more info: