These sessions are currently postponed until further notice due to COVID-19 – we hope to get up and running soon – take care, stay safe and strong!
Buggy Bootcamp will be taking place at a new park for 2020… at the stunning Stubbylee Park in Baccup, starting up in Spring.
Hands up who’s up for a big hit of feel-good endorphins and vitamin D, getting that all-important exercise in the great outdoors?
You take your little ones to story and rhyme time, messy play and baby massage… well now it’s time to turn your attention on YOU and give yourself an hour out of your day! 😊
Buggy Bootcamp incorporates different exercise formats, using body weight and portable exercise equipment to give your full body a workout. We make the most of the fantastic open/green spaces, keeping it fun and varied each week.
This is a session that is open to mums, stay at home dads or dads on paternity leave, grandparents, carers or anyone looking after young ones… all welcome and all will most definitely benefit.
For the mums… Kate is a pre and postnatal exercise specialist, so all exercises will be suitable and can be adapted for your experience level, ability and post natal stage. There will be a big focus on retraining core and pelvic floor, exercises to build strength and stamina in the safest way. For all others the same applies in terms of adapting exercise for all abilities and Kate will tell you all about the importance of doing pelvic floor exercises… there’s no getting out of that one, as it is applicable and important to all! 🙂
Childcare isn’t an issue as your little ones are more than welcome to join the fitness fun, pop them in their buggy or carrier and you’re good to go! Just be sure you prepare for changing weather conditions and bring something to keep them entertained… and if you need to take 5 for a bottle/breastfeed/snack break or nappy change don’t worry, it’s always a relaxed and easy-going atmosphere. Also, during the school holidays you are more than welcome to bring your tribe, if childcare is an issue – the more the merrier!
About the Sessions
- Sessions are delivered in 4-week blocks and differ week on week, using a variety of training formats and equipment. You’ll be taking part with the same group throughout the course; familiar setting, same friendly faces, total support!
- Cost: £20 for 4-week block
- Sessions are 1 hour, 40/45 minutes exercise and then time to cool-down, stretch and talk as a group and with Kate post session (we’ll have a good old natter throughout). A post workout coffee and/or lunch is encouraged too, and the facilities and food at Stubbylee cafe are spot on.
- Kate will demonstrate every exercise, talk through technique, giving support throughout. She’s good at multitasking too, cuddling and entertaining crying babies and toddlers whilst you workout – she will always make sessions work!
- All you need to bring is an exercise mat (or travel picnic blanket they double up as a great exercise mat and you can pop your little ones on them too), it is advised to have your own, so you can keep / clean it and can use it for home workouts/picnics too. A water bottle to keep well hydrated, you will hear Kate talk about drinking plenty of water, a lot.
Group exercise (and exercise outdoors) is great for many reasons, some of which are listed below…
- Meet other local mums and dads, make new friends, share experiences and support one another – join our crew!
- Regain strength (particularly in your core and pelvic floor), improve health, fitness, mental health and well-being.
- Give yourself an energy and confidence boost – endorphins and vitamin D does you WONDERS!
- Exercise in the great outdoors; fresh air, greenery, daylight and hopefully lots of sunshine!
- Focus on your health and well-being instead of always putting everyone else first… and don’t feel guilty for it.
Days and times…
Buggy Bootcamp will take place on Wednesday’s and Friday’s – 12.30pm – 1.30pm. Kate was planning to kick this off on Wednesday 6 May… and hopes she still can! She’ll keep you posted.
If you’re interested in taking part in Buggy Bootcamp or would like to know more, drop Kate an email or complete the contact form below and she’ll add you to her reservation list…
Call Kate on: 07875584383
Alternatively fill out the contact form below and she’ll be in touch.
Kate also delivers Mum-to-Be, Mum & Baby and Mum & Toddler Bootcamps. Follow the links below for more info:
You can also follow on Facebook, to see reviews, pics and video clips from classes check out our page and give it the thumbs up: Facebook.com/BrooksFitnessPT